SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this AUX cord. I'm thinking it might be busted. It's just a simple black aux cord coming straight out of the bottom of the center console. I've tried every source: cd, fm/am stations etc. I've pulled out the back of the radio to check for loose connections and nothing. I've checked in the back by the dvd nav unit and found nothing. although, is it possible that it's plugged into the back of the dvd nav unit somehow? Anything else I should try or is it a loss?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Try switching the radio source to cd changer?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
With the ipod hook up in mine, you have to change it to the 10 cd changer or something like that

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try switching the radio source to cd changer?

Yup, done that. I have the 4 cd changer, tried each cd slot and nothing. Unless somehow I'm doing something wrong. I suppose if I really wanted to figure it out, I could take apart the center console and find where the cord leads to.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yup, done that. I have the 4 cd changer, tried each cd slot and nothing. Unless somehow I'm doing something wrong. I suppose if I really wanted to figure it out, I could take apart the center console and find where the cord leads to.
Best bet is to find out where it leads to. Mine had an ipod connector UNDER the center console that led to nothing when I was installing my new IMIV. The PO could have had an IMIV or something similar that he took out but never took the time to remove the cord.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best bet is to find out where it leads to. Mine had an ipod connector UNDER the center console that led to nothing when I was installing my new IMIV. The PO could have had an IMIV or something similar that he took out but never took the time to remove the cord.
Yeah figured that would be my best bet. Shouldn't be too hard to take that apart? I'm assuming there's a thread in the index about it? Out of curiosity, is there a way to tap into the navigation unit in the back and use it for anything other than navigation?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah figured that would be my best bet. Shouldn't be too hard to take that apart? I'm assuming there's a thread in the index about it? Out of curiosity, is there a way to tap into the navigation unit in the back and use it for anything other than navigation?
The center console is very easy to take out, when I did my IMIV all I needed to do was loosen it to get underneath the rear though. I don't think you can just tap into the nav, you would need a purchased unit if you want to use the nav for other things. It is expensive but my IMIV classic (hooked up to the nav in the back) has an aux, and ipod plug running to the center console. it came with a bluetooth adapter for the ipod plug, and an iphone 5 adapter. I also went all out and installed the rear view camera with mine. It is also capable of playing video off of an iPod or iPhone onto your RTI screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts