SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a set of nice rims for my car, but I can't find any info on what I would need. Not sure if the lug bolts will fit with aftermarket wheels or not. It came with the 17 inch rims (235/45//17) and I was going to keep the samme rim size, but I can't find info on the offset (I think that is where the wheel attaches to the hub?) also found that the bolt pattern is 5x108, what other infor would I need to get the right wheels for my car?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Any wheels that are 5x108 should fit as long as the hub bore is 65.1 or greater. Check the wheel and tire classifieds on the forum lots of deals on there for rims that would fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
The offset is generally about +38mm to +49mm depending on what wheels your car came with. So you'd want something that's in that ball park. Most places that sell wheels should be able to match you up with the correct offset size, though they may ask what yours is just to be sure. Offset is important for brake caliper clearance among other things.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the exact rims I have on ebay, but not all the info I need :/ Might anybody know where I could find the offset info? I will be ordering the wheels online and I would like to have all of the specs for this wheel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After more digging it seems these are definitely not the stock wheels. If I can figure out what they came off of then maybe I can find the right specs

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
Those are 17" Amaltheas, and stock. Maybe not on your exact car, but stock Volvo, P2.
>>>>>>>
Volvo 7 double spoke "Amalthea" style wheel
7.5" wide by 17" diameter
5x108 bolt pattern
49 mm offset
>>>>>>>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for the info. I knew they weren't for my car. That's what I meant by "not stock" but I now have a new understanding of the term. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
Sure! Welcome to SS. There's a link over on classified - wheel and tire. They have pics and some specs, but they were wrong for this wheel. The specs are incomplete, and the part number is for another wheel model. The names, however, are usually correct. I wish someone would keep it up and add the newer wheels and larger sizes. Nice resource.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?48-Wheels-Tires-Classifieds

·
Registered
921 Posts
This page covers a lot of detail on wheel upgrades for your car:

http://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10010/wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide-for-1994-2008-fwd-awd-volvo-models

Your car probably has 17x7.5" wheels, 5x108mm, +42mm offset, 65.1mm center bore. Reasonable wheel and tire sizes are 235-45-17", 235-40-18" and 235-35-19". But you can go as small as 195-65-15" if you want. Anything wider than an 8" wheel/235 tire is going to be a stretched tire, or require careful fitment and driving to avoid rubbing.

For offsets, the wider the wheel, the less offset you want. 6.5" wheels = +44mm, 7.5" = +40mm-42mm, 8.5" = +38-40mm, etc.

You'll want to make sure your car has the black steering stops installed so that you don't rub with wider wheels. You are already running 235's so you probably have the correct steering stops, and if you're not rubbing the tires in parking lots you're probably OK as is. See this thread for an explanation of steering stops:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?236978-New-Wheels-for-my-V70

They are cheap and easy to replace.

Finally, see this page for a list of all Volvo OEM wheels for your car. There are tons of options.

http://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10128/volvo-oem-wheel-cross-reference

If you're looking for aftermarket, ENKEI makes a lot of nice wheels that bolt on to Volvo's. Search ebay for "Enkei 5x108" and you'll get an idea. Particularly I think the Enkei "RSF5" and "BR7" look really good on Volvos.

BBS also makes some nice 5x108 wheels like the "SR".

·
Registered
27 Posts
How many wheels are you looking for? I just replaced my stock wheels because one of them was bent. So, I have three good wheels with good tires that I'm trying to get rid of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts