SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

Been trying to chase down the source of this CEL I'm getting fairly regularly.

From VIDA:
P0172 ECM-262A Long-term fuel trim. Lower limit

Lower limit:

•Defective Mass Air Flow (MAF ) Sensor
•High fuel pressure
•Leaking injectors
•Leaking Evaporative Emission (EVAP ) System
•Contaminated engine oil
•Oil level too high
•Faulty sensor signals.

The fault occurred after I installed a IPD HD TCV, I've gone over the vacuum lines I disturbed while installing the valve and found no problem. I've followed IPD's guide on teaching the ECU via driving the car in a particular way - not done right could this cause the CEL?

Note the fault only seams to occur when I accelerate hard, last time the CEL occured I was simply reving the engine in my driveway up to 5-6k rpm.

I have already replaced the fuel pressure sensor situated on the fuel rail.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Fault means ECM is pulling fuelling to meet stoich. There is a lack of air or too much fuel going in.
If you could do a pull in third from 2000rpm to redline and graph MAF readings with fuel pressure.
Also add oxygen sensor front bank 1. Start the log when in third gear and stop when you hit redline. We dont need other gears or what ever. Zoom in so whole screen is filled and hit auto scale too.

That TCV is crap and that learning procedure doesn't apply on these cars. But I don't think its the cause here

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea, i feel stupid having not thought of it myself. Ill put the car back together and get the log data.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts