SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all the threads looking for instructions and see some info but not exactly what I'm looking for. I found a link to volvos instructions for the newer models even though it says 2004. It had the 2 piece rear bumper valence install. Does anyone have a link to volvos instructions? If not do I need to drill holes for the rivets? I read somewhere that you just hit them with a hammer. And how exactly do the bolt and spacer combo work in the wheel well?

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
675 Posts
The 04 rear valence just pops into place. It's like an apron over the lower bumper. Take off rear wheels to put rivits in wheel wells securing it. the Bolts and spacers go in the middle below....I didn't use them because I didn't want to drill, they really arnt needed. I also ran some double sided 3m along the length of the valence below where it locked in for a snug fit.

Also on your stock bumper you will need a butter knife to pop off the current exhaust molding.ive seen a bunch of ppl cut it for no reason

·
Registered
675 Posts
And to remove rivits i used a flat head and a hammer mostly

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you used more double sided tape then what already comes on it? And you ran it along the bottom where the bolts would go instead? And so the rivets in the wheel wells just replace rivets that are already there?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So you used more double sided tape then what already comes on it? And you ran it along the bottom where the bolts would go instead? And so the rivets in the wheel wells just replace rivets that are already there?

You may need to drill new holes for the rivets as they may not line up. If the apron already has 3M attachment tape, no need to add more. The bolts along the bottom and rivets on the side keep the skirt tacked on, the design of the apron along the adhesive edge slips into the 2-tone crease which covers and hugs onto the unpainted portion. The spacer bolts at the bottom eliminate the flapping when going over bumps, and perhaps takes some weight off the adhesive edge for long-term support.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You may need to drill new holes for the rivets as they may not line up. If the apron already has 3M attachment tape, no need to add more. The bolts along the bottom and rivets on the side keep the skirt tacked on, the design of the apron along the adhesive edge slips into the 2-tone crease which covers and hugs onto the unpainted portion. The spacer bolts at the bottom eliminate the flapping when going over bumps, and perhaps takes some weight off the adhesive edge for long-term support.
This^

I used 3m tape because my valence was used and I scraped the old off

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One last question. Do I need to get a rivet gun for the supplied rivets?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts