SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the Volvo world and have been looking into purchasing a 04-07 Volvo V70R 6MT. I've been trying to do some research on these, but have had some trouble finding specific articles related to these.
Looking into Reliability,
common repairs,
Changes to Model Years,
Are their Interchangeable parts between the s60r, V70 & V70R?

Here are some details on what I'm looking at.
I'm currently looking at a local black 04 V70R 6MT, 80k mi
The car looks to be in decent Condition. Will be test driving it later this week.
The tan interior is very worn on the driver and passenger seats as well as the center console. My idea is to do the 05+ console swap posted by "Skurvy_Pirate", as well as do a interior swap to a clean black interior.
Has anyone performed a swap like this or have any suggestions?

Separately I am also considering a distant Blue 07 V70R 6MT 89k mi, This car looks great inside and out, but comes with a 5k increase in price.

Thank you in advance for your help and insight.

·
2,521 Posts
What color blue is that other VR? Magic or Sonic?

If you look at sites like ViVA, most of their parts are interchangeable between the two. The only differences I know is of course body parts, rear trunk brace, aftermarket intercooler mounts are different and... I cant think of anything else. Mostly everything under the hood is the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should take both cars to a shop you can trust, and have them looked at.
I would like to, except they are 1,125 miles apart. The sonic blue being further away. Either car I decide to purchase will have a PPI

What color blue is that other VR? Magic or Sonic?

If you look at sites like ViVA, most of their parts are interchangeable between the two. The only differences I know is of course body parts, rear trunk brace, aftermarket intercooler mounts are different and... I cant think of anything else. Mostly everything under the hood is the same
It's Sonic Blue.

I am pretty sure most mechanical parts are interchangeable between the S60R and the V70R, depending on year.
Great to hear!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Any links to these cars? You may get a bit more information that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't post a link to a sonic blue VR MT on this site if you expect it to be for sale tomorrow

the R models made between '04 and '07 are fraught ... expensive to own ... like a beautiful woman.

given that, if you want/need a wagon, but can't tolerate a boring whip ... even if it "makes sense" ...

the VR is the only reasonable option out there

the VR is worth every penny you spend, and more.

and the 2006 Sonic Blue / Atacama VR MT

"The Unicorn"
The Blue v70r / Atacama Is amazing. Perfect color combo.
I wouldn't mind a BMW wagon if the right one came around in Manual.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Banned
496 Posts
don't post a link to a sonic blue VR MT on this site if you expect it to be for sale tomorrow
Pete's right! Be a bit selfish and do not share that Sonic here because it'll be gone before you know it; if someone hasn't been on the hunt already after you spilled the beans!

To give you perspective, our 06 Sonic Nordkap interior MT V70 R is 1 of 9 US allocated VR's with that combo. The 07 is rarer! Grab it after a full inspection and enjoy your hyper unicorn!!

A local friend and customer just picked up what is perhaps the 1 of 1 Canadian 06 Sonic Atacama MT VR's, and at and huge steal because the Canadian market is terrible right now!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pete's right! Be a bit selfish and do not share that Sonic here because it'll be gone before you know it; if someone hasn't been on the hunt already after you spilled the beans!

To give you perspective, our 06 Sonic Nordkap interior MT V70 R is 1 of 9 US allocated VR's with that combo. The 07 is rarer! Grab it after a full inspection and enjoy your hyper unicorn!!

A local friend and customer just picked up what is perhaps the 1 of 1 Canadian 06 Sonic Atacama MT VR's, and at and huge steal because the Canadian market is terrible right now!!
Very Cool, The one I saw online has a black interior, which i wouldnt mind either.
I didnt think of the canadian cars. It could definitely be a better deal looking up there for a V70R!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I mean, I'd be happy with any spaceball'ed V70 R. I have a pedestrian silver/gobi 04, the biggest year for the longroofs, and even then only about 500 manuals in any color made it stateside. Later years are even more scarce, with the total numbers (manual or auto) at under a thousand each year for 05-07.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts