SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a volvo original 10 disk changer for my 2002 S60 AWD. It looks great and I found the round connector on the drivers side in the trunk and hooked it up. It doesn't even seem to have power (won't eject) but I assume this is secondary to the VADIS update not being completed yet

still have 2 questions

1) do i need to hook up anything other than the round connector? There is still a flat connector on the changer that doesn't have a corresponding cord

2) anyone know the part# for the S60 changer bracket so Volvoworld can order one?? I can't mount it without the bracket and my dealer wants over $140 for the 'install kit'

·
Registered
194 Posts
The flat connector is the power connector, without that nothing will work. I guess you'll have to poke around some more and see if you find the corresponding power cord.

It could very well be so that the power cord is a part of the install kit the dealer offers you. I think all US cars come with the signal cable (the cord with the round connector) prewired since it's such a hassle to add it after the car is built. US is not a customer order market like Europe so the dealers have to speculate regarding options and thus have to retrofit CD changers for those customers who want that option.

So, unless you find the bracket and power cord somewhere else, I guess you have to take that install kit to get your CD changer working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts