SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is part of the new German price list for the Volvo S60 and it includes Bi-Xenon headlights as an option:



The translation is:

Xenon-Headights, Dimmed/Turned-Up
Headlights Shining Purified Light
To be available for 2.4T AWD/T5

*January 2002 Deliverable

Prices = $895.00 USD

-Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,564 Posts
Drew,
Where did you learn your German?

Seems like the Ocean Race model won't be ready till Jan 02 then.....

I'm very interested in that car, but heard some bad stories about the new XC model..is that true?

So...the S60R will be out in Jan 02 as well??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
The headlight purifier system has to be fitted in every car with xenon lights in Germany. The government passed that law.

Some time ago, the xenon lights have been anounced in Germany as available for all engines. Unfortunately, they reduced the offer to the two most powerful petrol turbo engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by mike_c70:
I think your tranlation is a little off there. Included is the washer cleaner system not Headlights Shining Purified Light.
Thanks for the info, I knew that I had the purified part right, but I wasn't sure where that was coming from.


I wonder if Volvo will switch from the 'wiper' system to 'power-wash' system like SAAB has done with the new 02' 9-5.

-Drew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by darell:
Excellent Xenon article. It is the perfect ballance of information to bring everybody up to the same level of understanding.

Drew's the man (again).

Well, it is official on the bi-xenon headlights for all 2002 Volvos (Euro-specs) except C70s. One of my customers ordered through us a 2002 S80 2,0T (5-cyl. S80!!!) since he will be moving to Europe in a few months and when I looked at the option sheet, the bi-xenon headlights were listed as an option for 890 Euros!

Yannis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by VaughnsVolvo:
Tried to get xenons on my T5 I just ordered...no love
Yes, not available (yet) on US-bound Volvos. Although there is a "bi-xenon" kit for $500...I don't know what that is...

Yannis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
Yes, not available (yet) on US-bound Volvos. Although there is a "bi-xenon" kit for $500...I don't know what that is...

Yannis
Yannis,

A 'Bi-Xenon' kit? That sounds very interesting, because I bet there would be a ton of people who would be interested in such a thing. Is there a part number for this kit that you know of?

-Drew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Yannis,

A 'Bi-Xenon' kit? That sounds very interesting, because I bet there would be a ton of people who would be interested in such a thing. Is there a part number for this kit that you know of?

-Drew
Drew,

I just received the info through the Overseas Delivery Department. Don't know of a part number, yet, since we have no idea when they may be bringing those lights here.

When and if I find out, I will let you know!

Yannis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

Well, it is official on the bi-xenon headlights for all 2002 Volvos (Euro-specs) except C70s. One of my customers ordered through us a 2002 S80 2,0T (5-cyl. S80!!!) since he will be moving to Europe in a few months and when I looked at the option sheet, the bi-xenon headlights were listed as an option for 890 Euros!

Yannis

Great! The one car that I have and they decide to get Bi-xenons. Yannis, didn't you also mention that they might have some sort of "conversion" kit for the older gen models?

Regards,
Mike H.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top