Car will be blue with tan interior and 6speed manual

Figure $8500+

Engine will have 100k on it but also 16t and custom tune from IPD/MTE

Tbelt and new Timing components
New Sbelt
New Vac Lines
New Intercooler Lines
New Coolant Lines

? and replace a few other odds and ends that might need done.

So .... anyone ?

Just gauging to see if its worth while to do this or just swap a tranny in from erievovo with a lifetime warrenty and sell the car for $6500

so ?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Re: 01 XC with M66 (Chilled Man)

Can I buy just the M66 and other hardware for my XC?

Great price for a nice XC~ http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: 01 XC with M66 (Chilled Man)

Which blue? What's the condition of the car?
What will your 16T/IPD tune put out (approx)...300hp? (new injectors, DP, exhaust?)

Lastly, can the AWD handle that set up without gnawing itself apart?
PM some pics if you can.

Sounds tempting, as I am also in PA.....mwuuahhhahaha

Modified by Q-Ship at 11:22 AM 5-7-2009

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just the stock Blue not the sexy Bright blue if it was that color I would be keeping it and selling the coupe lol

The AWD in this is same as in lookforjoes car and hes putting down over 250whp.

Would be new injectors not sure on DP or exhuast unless you want to pay extra for that.

Dont have any pics of the car since I am still waiting for pics from the guy I am buying it from since the tranny died on him.

If I just put a new tranny in it will have a lifetime warrenty on it from Erie .
Stinking thing is $1300 just for the tranny .... :0

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
Just the stock Blue not the sexy Bright blue if it was that color I would be keeping it and selling the coupe lol
Polar Ice Metallic is THE uqliest clors imaginable! http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif
Puke, barf, a girl's (with bad taste) color! They (Volvo) had a very hard time selling these so the color was dropped after about a year and a half (mid 2002)
I made the mistake of buing a lovely PIM 02 XC quite a few years ago.
The only reason I couldn't retail it was the color

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (n00bkiller944)

Quote, originally posted by n00bkiller944 »
I'll give you 4k for it

with no tranny ?

right now it seems to be a 5 out of 10 externtal condition anyhow so .... ehh

its the dark navy blue

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car is beat , not worth there asking price .

I would pay max 1k for it and part it out .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Polar Ice Metallic is THE uqliest clors imaginable! http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif
Puke, barf, a girl's (with bad taste) color! They (Volvo) had a very hard time selling these so the color was dropped after about a year and a half (mid 2002)
I made the mistake of buing a lovely PIM 02 XC quite a few years ago.
The only reason I couldn't retail it was the color

DITTO...when I was looking for an '02-'04 V70 T5 a couple of years ago there was a pristine-condition Polar Ice '02 between here and Detroit, 34,000 miles on it, the pictures made me gag but I figured hey, give it a chance and see it in person, maybe not so bad. UGGGGHHHHHH...freakin' awful. Owner said he'd take $8,000 for it (WAY under Kelley's/NADA etc at the time) and other than the color GOD it was a pristine car. Poor guy had lost his job and had to get out from under the payment, I hope he was able to finally sell that dog. I ended up spending lots more for the silver one and had to go to NY to pick it up but there was NO WAY I was going to have to look at that bizarro blue thing every day. Truly butt ugly...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Re: (WhoaTed)

I dunno, this Polar Ice Met XC is quite stunning. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (ifnt420)

Quote, originally posted by ifnt420 »
I dunno, this Polar Ice Met XC is quite stunning. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

If you're gay or a female
(Nice wheels)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: (fightinchunk)

Sorry for the un "PC" reply, but Moondust it the most nice guy color Volvo produced. My (soon to be ex) wife thought I was the shizzle. I said hell no!

Maybe there's some cause & effect here, I don't know.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (luckbuck)

A couple of years ago I bought this absolute KILLER 2000 V70 GLT in moondust/taupe. (Rare in itself, most 2000's were plain V70's (and R's) only about 1000 GLT's came to the US in 2000.
This was probably the nicest V70 I ever bought period, including my current R's. Literally a flawless car inside and out and drove like it looked, NEW!
I couldn't even get anyone to come look at it for about two months, so I let my wife drive it until I got a response.

(Personally Moondust on a Gen 1 V70 isn't all that bad IMO and if this one had a charcoal interior, it would have looked a lot better).

Anyhow, FINALLY the first person to come down (a guy), drove it and bought it on the spot.
Once you drove it no one could resist it, it looked and drove literally like a brand new car but no one, male or female responded to the ads.

(Moral of the story, I haven't bought a Moondust Volvo for retail since)!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

If you're gay or a female
(Nice wheels)

I'm a lesbian trapped in a men's body.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (ifnt420)

Quote, originally posted by ifnt420 »

I'm a lesbian trapped in a men's body.

haha, doesn't that just make you a straight man?

I think an M66 XC70 is badass, I would definitely consider it for $8500.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright well find me a 01 with a busted tranny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.