SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
55,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just got in two low milage '00 XCs. He's asked $32k. Although I like the newer bodystyle the price difference is giving us some thoughts for getting the '00.<P>If anyone has traded up from the previous XC to the new XC could you pass along your thoughts and suggestions.<P>Thanks,<BR>chris<BR>

·
Registered
6 Posts
You probably have already made your decision, but here's my 2 cents worth. Had a 2000XC for a year. Wife loved it. Took it in for service and while there test drove a 2001. It's a completely different car. A few more horses. A sophistcated interior that envelopes you, and fresh exterior lines. I was hooked, even though it was my wife's car. As luck would have it, the service department managed to back into the door of the 2000, necessitating bodywork. This parlayed into full book value for my 2000 and $500 over cost for a new one. After my wife got over the shock of me coming home with a different car, she fell in love with the car all over again.<P>Couple of nits on the 2001. The cost of adding a changer is oppressive: $1,000. (I was able to put a 6-disc changer in the 2000 for around $350.) The brakes are soooo sensitive. A few less mpg. And the rear cargo net that used to come out of the seat backs is now an independant piece of equipment that you need to store. <P>Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts