SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

I did a search but did not find this issue addressed.

My XC body black body cladding is starting to show
the flow marks from molding and generally fading (a bit).

Has anyone seen a solution to "reblacken" the parts?
ArmorAll and the like do this but for a very short time
period (days).

Cheers

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 01' V70XC black body molding fading (ron)

Nothing will really last except to repaint them.
Not a hard job. The time is in the masking off and dust them with a coat of bumper grey black paint.
Now if you have the blue ones you're SOL

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 01' V70XC black body molding fading (shagginwagon)

Forever black is THE best stuff but it doesn't last "forever"

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Used Kiwi liquid black shoe/leather dye on our '04 a year ago and it still looks great. Plenty written about using Kiwi (not the wax or polish) over on http://www.volvospeed.com forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: (ron)

I have had also had this problem. The front, driver, passenger all the way aroung the rear bumper are fadded. My S60 R is all black and the dull gray molding looks horriable. I have tried to search for new OEM parts on line, but have not found any. Is there any suggestins to where I might pick some up.
thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (ldrbuck)

Quote, originally posted by ldrbuck »
I have had also had this problem. The front, driver, passenger all the way aroung the rear bumper are fadded. My S60 R is all black and the dull gray molding looks horriable. I have tried to search for new OEM parts on line, but have not found any. Is there any suggestins to where I might pick some up.
thanks

Too lazy to spend an (ONE) hour making them off and spray bombing them with bumper paint?
That's all it takes, perhaps much less time if you know what you're doing and the end result is startling

1 - 9 of 9 Posts