SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this have been discussed before :) But, what does TCM update consist of ? I tried to remove the Stop neutral in my car but it is no longer available and TCM update is the only one.
Dealer asking for 90$ for this update.

Thank you guys and My thought goes to fellow SS members affected by the hurricane.

kindest,
warren

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
What are you talking about and what exactly are you looking for?
The latest 2001 tranny software upgrade (TCU) automatically removes the stop neutral software, has for years now!
If you still have stop neutral, your transmission is probably destroyed by now anyway........:facepalm:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim .... I know .. i didn't listen to your advice ..and now the trans is getting slower to move once i release my foot off the break. Before it s like 2 seconds and now sometimes it can take up to 7 second for the car to finally move.
Thanks for your input. Btw, saw your black P80 VR at PA wine spirit . looking good !! :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Hi Jim .... I know .. i didn't listen to your advice ..and now the trans is getting slower to move once i release my foot off the break. Before it s like 2 seconds and now sometimes it can take up to 7 second for the car to finally move.
Thanks for your input. Btw, saw your black P80 VR at PA wine spirit . looking good !! :)
How many miles?
Either flush (under 75K miles) or do 3 drain and fills (or flush doing the Gibbons method)
GET THE DAMN SOFTWARE, reset the adaptions, do the drive cycle and you may be OK if delay going into gear is the only real issue at this point
If you're not getting any bad shift flares, this may take care of it (and if it does, thank your lucky stars)!

My wife...the wino?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles?
Either flush (under 75K miles) or do 3 drain and fills (or flush doing the Gibbons method)
GET THE DAMN SOFTWARE, reset the adaptions, do the drive cycle and you may be OK if delay going into gear is the only real issue at this point
If you're not getting any bad shift flares, this may take care of it (and if it does, thank your lucky stars)!

Am at 160 K / original Trans. Mike from my indie in Wilm, DE did drain /fills already .
Trans is still doing good just the delay going into gear from a stop (after driving a constant stop and go traffic in Center city for instance)
No bad shift flares that i know of . I've put 70 K miles since I had the car.
I will definitely do the TCM update. Thanks :)

My wife...the wino?
Yes Sir ! Love the P80 VR

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you talking about and what exactly are you looking for?
The latest 2001 tranny software upgrade (TCU) automatically removes the stop neutral software, has for years now!
If you still have stop neutral, your transmission is probably destroyed by now anyway........:facepalm:
Jim,
Got the TCM software update . No more stop neutral ... car feels really good without any hesitant once i release the foot off the gas pedal :)
Keystone and Stillman DID NOT wanna do this update w/o putting the VIDA to diagnose the car. But fortunately Union Park let me do so at $95.00 (No warranty express/implied for doing this on my own)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts