SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I've searched but unable to find a part number for the coil plug pack connectors. I have a few that are broken and would like to repair the ends. They DO stay in the coils with no plastic clips.. I just don't want to take chance of them coming out. (And zip ties are to ghetto for me, even if I won't see it)

I've done plenty of GM pigtails, sometimes you can replace ends WITHOUT splicing.. this is what I'm looking for. I've looked for entire coil wire harness but haven't had to much luck with those either..

Anyone dealt with these connectors before?

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can pull the wires out of the connectors. You will need a small jewelers screw driver to depress the prong on the crimped wire end. As for the actual plastic plug, I wouldn't know where to get them new. Best bet would be a junk yard. Though I have been driving around with a couple of broken clips on the coil harness without issue. I don't even use zipties to hold them in place though I probably should.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So, the way I fixed mine was to remove the wires and replace the receptacle housing. The part number for the plastic housing is:

And is part number 31 on here:

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/images/parts/volvo/fullsize/GR-78466.jpg

This comes with nothing but the plastic housing itself, however, so if you need the insulator, plug, or terminal themselves, those are ordered separately.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wish I could claim an unwarranted off-road adventure or a highway gun-fight that caused mine to get damaged, but instead I stupidly leaned on it when I was replacing my upper motor torque mount. =P I was happy it was a cheap and quick fix, at least.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well I grabbed a set from the local pull a part. Some day I will swap the broken ones out. Probably when my plugs are due.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts