SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
RICA is great, I too have the Stage +2 and it's wicked good but I will be getting an ARD tune for my other volvo next.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. What's me7? Forgive me. I have a geartronic 5 speed. About when will I be able to buy a tune from him? Does he have softloaders? That what I want...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ok. What's me7? Forgive me. I have a geartronic 5 speed. About when will I be able to buy a tune from him? Does he have softloaders? That what I want...
ME7 is a type of ECU you have on your s60. And in one of the threads i've seen Lucky mentioned that he is tuning 2001 cars now. Also i don't think that softloader is utilized.
But you should better contact the man himself for all the questions

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I know I'm in the wrong forum here, but I second the idea of waiting for ARD. Lucky's products/tunes are top notch and competitively priced. Use a little patience and you'll be rewarded greatly.

While you're waiting, pick up his lightweight crank pulley for your T5

·
Registered
773 Posts
Lucky will have 4 ways to tune your car.
1. Send him your ECU, and he tunes it, or he can clone it, and you can have your stock tune, and a second ECU with the tune in it, you supply the spare ECU.
2. Buy the cable and tune from him for $695, and he can email you tunes.
3. Go to SNAAB, Kristian is a dealer for Lucky
4. He can custom tune your ECU at $75/hr, but that usually means dyno tuning.

I have a RICA Stage 2, and he has looked at the tune (he pulled my tune to get the manual code for the tunes) and he showed me where he would probably change it slightly from what they did. Not necessarily better, but different, and he takes more care in making certain that interdependent parts of the tune are in sync for everything, whereas RICA, and the others don't go quite that far. Tune works great, but he does just a bit more. Will tune for DP, SNAAB intake, bigger turbo, different injectors, etc.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell, I might just drive up there. He's like, 50 miles away.
I went ahead and emailed him. THANKS, GUYS! you may have saved me $200 at least.

Hope I can get this thing to do 100MPH in the 1/4 mile soon.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
No, it's actually the former product engineer Robert "Lucky" from iPd that started his own business.

As a side note, I had a RICA Stage 2 tune and it was pretty good.
really!!!! dang!!!!! thats really nice, Lucky always did an amazing job helping people.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Try to look for BSR, if it is available in your area, I had it now for a year, and could not be happier.
My stage III has about 7 years and not a single problem

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the idea of being able to change the tune. I want to have 2 settings : winter and rest-o-the-year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like the idea of being able to change the tune. I want to have 2 settings : winter and rest-o-the-year.
Not sure if there is a need for this change, I am running this all-year (and we have snow for almost 4-5 months sometimes, and no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Need to watch the Volvospeed Performance section, ARD Tune ME7 posts. Lucky just announced that he will be able to include about 3 maps in the ECU, and it can be controlled from the turn signal stalk!

See post #111
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/151580-ard-tune-me7/page__st__100

I think that when he implements that, ksimp88 will have all that he wants.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Need to watch the Volvospeed Performance section, ARD Tune ME7 posts. Lucky just announced that he will be able to include about 3 maps in the ECU, and it can be controlled from the turn signal stalk!

See post #111
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/151580-ard-tune-me7/page__st__100

I think that when he implements that, ksimp88 will have all that he wants.
That is really cool, on Volvo trucks and buses you can clear some codes on the stalk but being able to select multiple tunes is so much better. :)

Looks like I will be leaving the Volvo world so I don't have to wait patiently for Lucky's tune any more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts