SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive come across quite a deal for an s60 thats been in an accident. if the motor is in perfect condition still ,i want to swap it in to mine or take it apart and bolt parts on.

i have a 2001 s60 na and this car is a 2001 s60 2.5t. some questions:

-for a full swap does the motor bolt up the same?
-does the ecu just swap over?
-can i turn my na into a turbo by adding the appropriate parts?

any input will help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Some have successfully swapped a turbo engine into a na car on the P80 platform, havn't heard of anyone doing it on the S60 P2 platform. At the very least, almost everything would need to be swapped from the donor car including ECU, parts of the exhaust system, wiring harness, intercooler, and tons of other stuff, if it could even be done.

·
Registered
877 Posts
so ive come across quite a deal for an s60 thats been in an accident. if the motor is in perfect condition still ,i want to swap it in to mine or take it apart and bolt parts on.

i have a 2001 s60 na and this car is a 2001 s60 2.5t. some questions:

-for a full swap does the motor bolt up the same?
-does the ecu just swap over?
-can i turn my na into a turbo by adding the appropriate parts?

any input will help, thanks in advance.
The ECU will swap over with the motor, however you will then need the keys from the donor car and the locks and key ignition im guessing since the key corresponds with the ecu. Unless you get it reprogrammed by Volvo which I believe is about $1k from volvo. Also need to take into account the transmission, I cant remember if its the same on the standard model compared to the turbo model, also the fuel lines. It can be done, with a lot of work. I know you probably have already heard this "why dont you just buy a turbo model" I admire you for thinking of trying this and I think it'd be awesome if you did, however as far as if it financially makes sense I have a hard time believing that it is. By the way if its a 2001 then it will be a 2.4t, the 2.5t didnt come to the market until 2004.

If I were in your situation and I really wanted to keep my car and not buy a turbo model I would buy that s60, switch over all the parts I needed and then part out the rest. And then part out the parts from your S60 that you took out. Depending on the price of the wrecked s60 you might not come out too bad.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Unless the engine is almost free price, i think it will cost a lot of money to do it, it can be done, maybe sale the NA and get a turbo model will be cheaper, but honestly if you do will be a great project.

·
Registered
281 Posts
As far as the ECU goes, ARD makes clone ECUs with with the specific key codes, I think it's a little over $300

1 - 5 of 5 Posts