SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and a turbo novice, I have been looking for the TD04-14T with no luck, so I was thinking can I use a MBC and get more out of the 12T? I also have come across a TD04HL-13T would that be an upgrade? I am looking for any suggestions or advice on what to do. I only ask to keep it practical I'm not rich and have three kids. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
710 Posts
13t won't fit, 14Ts are around on ebay but you have to make sure you buy the right one, I run an MBC on my 01 but its a good idea to have supporting mods, exhaust intake, you'll need bigger injectors in 00 or you'll lean out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been looking for the 14T with no avail, I did find a TD04HL-16T that in the listing says Volvo S40 upgrade, is this true? I know the 19T will work but what about the 16T? I appreciate your help and advice.

·
Registered
710 Posts
nope it won't fit, the only direct bolt on for an 00-04 is the 14t from europe, the others are compatible with the newer 04.5+ S40s, any 19T is just a 14T with a 19T wheel or a 19T for the newer S40

·
Registered
710 Posts
also with any turbo upgrade you'll still need to upgrade your injectors, FPR and at the very least a K&N drop in air filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts