SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling fuses for an unrelated issue... long story short I pulled one that controls an SRS computer. The car doesn't have any SRS faults, but the SRS light is now on saying urgent service, blah blah blah. You know the drill.

I know the only way to reset this officially is using VIDA, however I found that "Tech" on Volvoforums did mention in an old thread that after x amount of cycles, the light will go off if no faults are detected.

Is this true, or has this been proven wrong? I don't want to waste any money at the dealer having a simple light turned off in VIDA if it will turn itself off in a month.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm going to the dealer today to get that damn light cleared on my 2000 C70
I've heard Autel will work too (I guess no members in my region NWC has Vida/Dice)

But what I've been told, that light will stay on until it's cleared.
Volvo wanted the cars brought into the dealer...safety issue
You know....Volvo for Life!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the Gen1 cars, the light WILL stay on, so whoever told you that is correct. Had to get mine reset at the dealer too. (99 S70)

For what it's worth, the owner of the S80 this thread is about, took his car to a shop today and had the SRS light reset with a Snap-On tool! NOT Vida. I was very surprised, but it did work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts