SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've bought a c70 '00 cabrio. I was told it misses front speakers and assumed I will have to fit some 3 way kit into factory space. But after I had some time with it, I found out that the tweeter and mid domes are in place! the 8 inch lows are missing, but half of the set is there. But they don't make any sound. So something is bad. The radio can be heard on the rear speakers, fader works. The amplifier is connected to the radio and it powers the rear speakers for sure. I want to check if the front crossovers are there and hardwire some speakers there to check if the amplifier provides any front output.

So: what do I need to unscrew to find front x-overs?

The x-overs are the black boxes on the bottom of the first picture in this thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?606419-C70-Dynaudio-Speakers

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The dash speakers are powered directly off the head unit, they have capacitors on them for crossover. The mid to bass crossover is in the door, either attached to the panel or the door itself. I don't have any pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
C70 door xover Ref 3533807

The dash speakers are powered directly off the head unit, they have capacitors on them for crossover. The mid to bass crossover is in the door, either attached to the panel or the door itself. I don't have any pictures.
Would you know where I can get the wire codes for the C70 door Xover? i.e. what colours from amp, to mid and to bass?

·
Registered
16,682 Posts
C70 door xover Ref 3533807

Would you know where I can get the wire codes for the C70 door Xover? i.e. what colours from amp, to mid and to bass?

Does this answer your question? Or are you worried about the other side of the connector? Could take another picture if so, just happened to have this one handy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Jared, that is the closest I've come to the answer. But I cannot make out which cable goes where? The xover 3533897 has a Black, Red, Orange, Green, Blue and White wire. Which is Amp + & -, Bass + & -, and Mid + & - ? That info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jared, would you be able to sell me the 4 way connector of your photo? i.e. the one in the middle of the photo that connects to amp, xover, bass and mid connectors? Then I could work out the xover wiring.

·
Registered
16,682 Posts
Thanks Jared, that is the closest I've come to the answer. But I cannot make out which cable goes where? The xover 3533897 has a Black, Red, Orange, Green, Blue and White wire. Which is Amp + & -, Bass + & -, and Mid + & - ? That info would be much appreciated.

Ahhh sorry; I took pictures of this after your previous post and completely forgot to post them. The wires with the black tracer in them on the speaker/hu side of the connector are ground. I think the picture should have the answers to the rest of the question but let me know if not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ahhh sorry; I took pictures of this after your previous post and completely forgot to post them. The wires with the black tracer in them on the speaker/hu side of the connector are ground. I think the picture should have the answers to the rest of the question but let me know if not.

View attachment 113183

View attachment 113184
Thanks alot! I think I've got it.
Would you mind checking just incase I couldn't make out the photos?

Amp
Green white + goes to Black on Xover
Green black - goes to White on Xover

Bass
Pink white + goes to Red on Xover
Pink black - goes to Orange on Xover

Midrange
Brown white + goes to Green on Xover
Brown black - goes to Blue on Xover

If you could just check that, you'd make me very happy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks alot! I think I've got it.
Would you mind checking just incase I couldn't make out the photos?

Amp
Green white + goes to Black on Xover
Green black - goes to White on Xover

Bass
Pink white + goes to Red on Xover
Pink black - goes to Orange on Xover

Midrange
Brown white + goes to Green on Xover
Brown black - goes to Blue on Xover

If you could just check that, you'd make me very happy!
What's a bit strange is on the Amp side, Green/white goes to Black and Green/black goes to White, when I would have expected Gr/w to White and Gr/black to Black????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jared, Thanks alot for the photos. Been most helpful. My apologies to jkq and LloydDobler for introducing my wiring doubts to these posts. I do not know how to start my own forum but hope been helpful to others too.

·
Registered
16,682 Posts
What's a bit strange is on the Amp side, Green/white goes to Black and Green/black goes to White, when I would have expected Gr/w to White and Gr/black to Black????
Yeah I would have expected the opposite, too. I'm not sure what the deal is with that. You have everything correct, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. Are you saying that the above wires to Xover wires are correct (in my above list)?

Re: the Green/white going to Black, I presume that the connectors "force" that wiring? i.e. the Green/white has to go into the Black connector and the connectors do not allow the Green/black to go into the Black connector i.e.they cannot be accidently swopped over?

·
Registered
16,682 Posts
Hi. Are you saying that the above wires to Xover wires are correct (in my above list)?

Re: the Green/white going to Black, I presume that the connectors "force" that wiring? i.e. the Green/white has to go into the Black connector and the connectors do not allow the Green/black to go into the Black connector i.e.they cannot be accidently swopped over?

Yes to both. Wiring has to be correct unless it was pinned incorrectly at the factory.

·
Registered
16,682 Posts
That's great! Thanks very much for all your photos and info. You have made me very happy. I'll get wiring tomorrow. Many thanks.
you're welcome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts