SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe I was reading Road and Track and they tested the 2000 1.9T. They tested the 0-60 at 7.7 and the 1/4 at 15.9. I am not sure how reliable they are because they also stated that the S40 was a 4 speed. I am not sure if the 2001 model changed from 4 speed to 5 speed, but that's the number that they came up with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kevin,<P>Have you posted a review of how you compare your Jetta and your Volvo? Trimwise, it would seem your GLX and your Volvo would be pretty comparable.<P>Just curious what you think... <P>I already have a Jetta but am looking for a used 850 or 70 series for my wife.<P>Before buying the Jetta we looked at the V40 and thought it was pretty cool but the interior seemed a bit snug for the money.<P>In the end, we bought the Jetta because of the TDI engine and it's fuel economy. But the Jetta is also a bit snug when the whole family is in the car. <P>We knew that going in but I make some long road trips for work and I like the fuel economy.<P>Cheers.<P>PS, east side or west side of Cleveland? We used to live in University Heights...<P>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info Bmwmclaren but Kevin pushed the point I was getting at. I was wondering if the 2k1 5spd would make the S40 go faster then the 4spd or does it still do the 60 at 7.7 like the 2K model.<P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
The '01 S40 does incorporate the 5 speed automatic tranny.... Though I have never clocked mine, I have read reports of 0-60 in anything from 6.9 to 8.2.... in my own experience I would say 0-60 in about 7.7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts