SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know 0-60 Speeds for a 2000 S80 T6. I'm sure they are basically the same for the different years, but if anyone has clocked or knows any number that would be good. I have heard in the mid 6 second range, like 6.5. When i pop the car into tiptronic and gun it and leave it in 1 till it redlines and then shift up, i feel the car moves soooo much faster than leaving it in drive. If anyone has info... I'd appreciate it, thanks.<br>Sig

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: 0-60 Speeds? (sigaleg)

Yes, it has been measured anywhere from 6.2 to 6.5 seconds.<p>You leave it in 1st gear until redline? That's crazy and also pointless. First of all, not healthy for the engine and then you are not achieving anything. The T-6 gets immediate torque at 1,800 rpm and past 5,000 rpm you have little torque left. Switching to 2nd (a much stronger gear which really gets the turbocharger going) is advised at about 4,500 rpm.<p>Yannis<p>Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: 0-60 Speeds? (sigaleg)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Thanks Yannis... I appreciate the info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>No problem...you will accelerate MUCH FASTER, in this way!<p>Yannis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts