SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

⚠ Critical Recall R10100 for series 60 and series 90 2019-2020 vehicles : Upgrading the Fuel pump fuse from 15amp to 20amp

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Dragon*Volvo 
#1 ·
Recently, I received following Recall Notice for my 2019 XC90 T6 Momentum. It took a while to get appointment and finally got it fixed today. Along with the recall, the Dual pressure purge line was replaced under service action 10066 (something to do with evaporative pipe), and Sensus software was updated to 2.0. not sure what was included in the software update. After the service, I have noticed that car handling and ride became better/smoother pickup but cant put a finger on the specifics exactly. Maybe someone knows more details on what changed. If you havent already, please schedule an appointment for this recall right away.

Via @ NHTSA Recall 21V-414, around 85550 series 60 and series 90 cars are affected
"15A fuse was introduced in production 18w47 with new Pump Electronic Module (PEM). In 19w52 a 20A fuse was introduced in production"

See less See more
#2 ·
@Dragon*Volvo

As a FYI, Service 2.0 is simply the name given for the software updates to Sensus and various modules as applicable by model, model year, options and VIN.

Total Software Upgrade (TSU) is billable to Volvo by the dealer as a warranty reimbursable item whereas Service 2.0 is neither billable by the dealer nor eligible for reimbursement from Volvo. The dealer may bill the customer for software cost, software + labor, or provide it as a goodwill gesture / complimentary.

Service 2.0 is not a version. It is an internal Volvo/Dealerbilling code. TSU and Service 2.0 reportedly have the same software payload.

In terms of what is in a software upgrade, it is a cumulative continuous improvement update depending on your specific vehicle (since your vehicle's last update).

Although the updates also vary by region, you can look at the summary on the UK site for your vehicle for very high level information on software updates. Software updates | Volvo Support

Only Volvo and some techs know for sure. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Dragon*Volvo
#3 ·
Thank you for the clarification. I wish Volvo was more forthcoming and published its updates more prominently for USA market. I was, albeit naively, hoping that the software update would give me the new Android-based Sensus. Does anyone know that would ever come to earlier model years?

#4 ·
Although I do not know the answer, some have said "no" to which I concur, particularly for pre-MY20 models due to hardware constraints.

At least for my MY16, I have no expectation that the hardware would support such a re-write of Sensus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#6 ·
My 2020 XC90 T6 was in for the 20k oil change and service 3 weeks ago. They did both the fuse Recall and purge line Advisory work. And replaced the sun roof rear glass seals. No software update however.

#7 ·
some have said "no" to which I concur, particularly for pre-MY20 models due to hardware constraints.
The Android system will not be coming to old models.
Ok! If there are Volvo employees lurking around this forum, I dont mind paying to get the hardware that supports Android based Sensus and while they are at it, they might as well upgrade the cellular modems to 5G. ?

#9 ·
No leaks and we've had a few torrential rains. I found out about the gaps several months ago on this forum and made a mental note to get it fixed at the 20k service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.