SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if wearing dark denim will effect these seats.

For example, when wearing new dark blue jeans with some white kicks usually the blue rubs off onto the top part of the shoe.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: ♦♦Who Has These Seats? Question About Them... (Picture)♦♦ (USAF 2010 T5)

I don't know of many people in the S40/V50 crowd with these seats yet, but I know some of the C30 guys probably do. C30world.com would be a good place to research this since there aren't as many regular users on here with C30s...
That said, I know a lot of people with the T-Tec seats have said it stains relatively easy and is hard to clean. I've heard conflicting stories though...

EDIT: I'd say get them either way since they are pretty sweet looking, especially since your car is black. I wish they offered them in a different color combo (maybe they do?) such as a black with a silver that matches the brushed aluminum. Get them, if you don't like them I'd trade you my leather ones that are in great condition, lol.

Modified by carreragt7 at 2:26 PM 6-9-2009

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd say it's likely to happen with any white material. Color bleed is common in new jeans. Wash them a few times first. Or, if you are one of those trendy "I only wash my raw denim jeans once every 3 years" type of people, you might want to get some seat covers.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I have found the t-tec easy to clean...just used some turtle wax upholstery cleaner and it worked well. Now, granted, I didn't have ink or anything on the seats...

Like take today, for example...had the car at the dealer for some work, got the car back grease spots on the passenger seat, WTF? So, I get home, whip out my interior cleaner, and it's good as new. I think just staying on top of cleaning them will help you out a lot.

Modified by Veefifty T5AWD at 2:23 PM 6-10-2009

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Re: ♦♦Who Has These Seats? Question About Them... (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
if you don't like them I'd trade you my leather ones that are in great condition, lol.

Don't mind him, he'd trade you his first born child for a pack of gum just because it was something different!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: ♦♦Who Has These Seats? Question About Them... (mattdoc)

Quote, originally posted by mattdoc »

Don't mind him, he'd trade you his first born child for a pack of gum just because it was something different!

So true. Or as some would say:

True Story. Word.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The first V50 I ever drove was a rental - it had cream leather and some bright spark had put a used wheel on the front passenger seat (after a puncture?). You could read the tyre specs nice and clear.

One reason I steered away from the light coloured fabrics in my subsequent V50s.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.