Back in 1999 we set out on a simple mission: to provide Volvo enthusiasts with the most thorough online resource possible. Since then our coverage of all things Volvo — news, feature articles, photo galleries and discussion forums — has gone unmatched defining Swedespeed as the definitive online resource. If this is your first time here, take a look at what’s inside:
- Daily News
- For a small Swedish carmaker, Volvo manages to generate a surprising amount of news, especially when motorsports, aftermarket and lifestyle stories are factored in. Check our news feed daily to stay up on the latest happenings in the Volvo world.
- Road Tests
- Every year we drive dozens of new cars including not only the latest Volvos, but also numerous competitors’ cars. Our informed staff will share their first-hand impressions of each new model, often putting you behind the wheel before the cars reach local dealerships.
- Feature Cars
- Swedespeed would be nothing without its readers, and we like to support you just as you support us. Our Features section highlights your own projects, along with shop-built cars from our favorite aftermarket tuners. If you think your car is worth showing the world, share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project Cars
- Brand new or merely new to us, Swedespeed’s staff keeps a fleet of Volvos on hand that we live with, modify, and enjoy on a daily basis. Follow our projects to gather ideas for your car, vicariously experience a possible future toy, and yes, even learn from our mistakes.
- If you’re looking for parts, help, or just someone to appreciate the latest work you’ve done to your machine, our active forums are the place to be. Broken down into categories and by model, you’ll easily find what you need. Buy parts, sell parts, hey – even sell a whole car in our forum classifieds, or comment in the news section about the latest gossip and new model reveals.
- Photo Galleries
- If a picture’s worth a thousand words, we hope you’re ready for some serious reading. Our galleries include both Volvo’s photography and our own, and covers anything and everything Volvo.
As you can see, if you’re looking for Volvo content and resources, you’ve come to the right place. Look around; we hope you like what you see and make us a regular stop during your daily procrastination. If you’re on Facebook, show your support by becoming a fan.
Swedespeed is a publication of Vortex Media Group, a leading independent online publishing company. Among its sister sites are VWVortex.com, Fourtitude.com, and KilometerMagazine.com. We hope you enjoy what we deliver as much as we do creating it.
All of us here at Swedespeed welcome your input. Whether you have a suggestion to improve the site or story idea you would like to see featured on our pages, we look forward to hearing from you. Just send us an e-mail to email@example.com. We read every message and will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Thank you – The Swedespeed staff
Swedespeed provides a unique opportunity to reach thousands of passionate motoring enthusiasts every month. Swedespeed readers are educated and are active in a variety of lifestyle activities ranging from amateur motorsports to travel to outdoor activities. All of this, of course, in addition to their primary passion- European cars and motorcycles.
Swedespeed was designed with careful consideration to maximum advertising impact. That means fewer – but better positioned – ad locations than on other automotive sites. All our banner placements are IAB-standard units, and we’ve designed the pages for future flexibility should preferences change.
In addition to standard ad units, we offer some very unique “outside-the-box” opportunities, which we would be happy to share with you.
If you are interested in reaching Swedespeed’s unique and desirable readership, drop us an inquiry by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our staff will be in contact with you to explain all the features, benefits and special opportunities available to Swedespeed advertisers.
Policies for Individuals
- Swedespeed.com encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the interactive activities offered on the site.
- No information should be submitted to or posted on the Swedespeed.com web site by guests under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
- Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, Swedespeed.com does not provide any personally identifying information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Guests’ e-mail addresses are never posted on the Swedespeed.com web site unless the guest chooses to make his or her e-mail address viewable to the public.
About IP Addresses
Swedespeed.com collects IP addresses when submitting posts to the bulletin board and for the purposes of system administration. An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re connected to a network or connected to the Internet. When guests request pages from Swedespeed.com, our web servers log the guests’ IP addresses. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session will be logged, but the user remains anonymous to us unless issues of security arise in which IP addresses may be turned over to local, state and national authorities.
Links to Other Sites
Users should be aware that when they are on the Swedespeed.com web site they could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from Swedespeed.com that take users outside our service. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement, the “click” takes you off the Swedespeed.com site. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use Swedespeed.com’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. Always be aware of where you end up. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online – for example, via message boards or chat – that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While Swedespeed.com strives to protect its user’s personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our Guests is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers, utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed compressive nondisclosure agreements, which provide explicit legal confidentiality protections. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
All site design, text, graphics, interfaces and the selection/arrangements thereof are copyright © Vortex Media Group, Inc. You may download, view, copy or print Materials and graphics incorporated in the Materials subject to the following: (1) you can use the Materials only for personal, informational, internal, non-commercial purposes; (2) the copyright notice set forth on each page of this web site must appear on each downloaded or copied page of any Materials; and (3) you cannot modify the Materials in any way.
Swedespeed.com and the Swedespeed.com logo are trademarks of Vortex Media Group, Inc. All other company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Links to Third Parties
This web site may contain hyperlinks to web sites controlled by parties other than Swedespeed.com. Vortex Media Group, Inc. is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept responsibility for the contents or use of these web sites.
Warranties and Disclaimers
ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARANTY OR ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON INFRINGEMENT.
The Materials posted on this web site could include technical or other mistakes or inaccuracies. Vortex Media Group, Inc. disclaims all warranties and makes no representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness or suitability of the Materials on this or any other web site, and disclaims any duty to keep this information current or accurate. In particular, Vortex Media Group, Inc. makes no representation or warranty that any customer or potential customer will achieve the same performance results that are reflected in any case study or success story contained on this web site. Vortex Media Group, Inc. may change any information on this web site or any product or service described on this web site, including functionality or performance thereof, any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WLL VORTEX MEDIA GROUP, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOST DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION) RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE AT THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE TO WHICH A LNK IS PROVIDED OR ON WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED TO THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF VORTEX MEDIA GROUP, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED